Sunday 19 December 2010

Wrong Turn 3 - Left For Dead

As the name suggests, Wrong Turn 3 is the sequel to Wrong Turn and Wrong Turn 2:Dead End. The series is about a severely deformed family of cross-bred cannibals who lay traps for anyone who happens to be walking through the woods.

Part 1 had Eliza Dushku from Buffy and some other up and coming stars from good TV shows being chased. It was quite fun but not great.

Part 2 had a cast of unknowns and Henry Rollins being chased but was instantly forgettable.

Part 3 is about a small group of murderous inmates, chained together as their armoured bus is attacked. Trapped in the woods with a shit load of money they just happen to find, they are more interesting in making it out with the bags of cash than making it out alive. It doesn't star anyone you've heard of as the cast is mostly made up of British TV actors pretending to be American, in a Bulgarian woods standing in for the USA.

As anyone who knows me knows, I love a good horror film. I even enjoy the crap ones sometimes as long as they are entertaining and imaginative. Even though this film is awful, with moments of logic that defy explanation, I still found it quite enjoyable. The acting was awful, the direction was lame, the special effects were cheap and the direction was laughable, yet it was still quite fun.

The script itself was laughable. One of the inmates was an undercover US Marshall, but nothing is made of this fact, so what was the point? The dialog was horrendous, with this classic sample from the beginning of the film.

Topless girl sunbathing by a river is joined by her boyfriend.
Girl: "Alex thinks I'm a slut. Do you think I'm a slut?"
Boy: "Yes, but that is what I love about you."
Girl: "I thought you loved my tits".
Second later, a spear impales said tit along with his hand, perfectly summing up the quality of the film you are about to watch.

I'm not going to waste any more time talking about this film as it doesn't really deserve my time. I will say this though. Don't spend even a penny on this rubbish, but if there is nothing else on and you enjoy rubbish horror movies, then you can do a lot worse than spending one and a half hours in the company of this film. If you do have something more interesting and important to do, such as tidying up your sock drawer, then do that instead.

IMDB gives this film a generous 4.4 out of 10. That is all you need to know.

1 comment:

  1. This looks pretty good. I might try and rent from lovefilm. Wayne

    ReplyDelete